Zwilling J.A. Henckels Knife Blocks and Storage
Zwilling J. A. Henckels International is based in Germany and well-known for its quality knife sets and blocks. Their cutlery storage solutions allow you to see and reach for the handle of the knife while the forged edge of the blade is protected inside of the holder. These storage solutions accommodate all of your cutlery, from your steak knives to your bread knife.
What are the features of these knife blocks?
- Angled entry for knives - The Zwilling J. A. Henckels International knife blocks offer an angled entry for inserting and removing knives. This allows you to see which knife you are reaching for.
- Zwilling J. A. Henckels International logo - The classic Zwilling J. A. Henckels International logo is located on the front of the wood or forged stainless-steel block.
- Protective foot pads - The protective foot pads on the bottom of the knife set block helps prevent the counter top from being scuffed or scratched. It also keeps the cutlery block from shifting while you are reaching for the handle of a knife.
- Designated slots for each knife - The Zwilling J. A. Henckels International knife block offers designated areas for steak knives, a paring knife, kitchen shears, the forged steel blade sharpener, and each other piece in the kitchen knife set.
What materials are the knife blocks and storage made from?
- Wood - A hardwood knife block offers attractive storage for a Zwilling J. A. Henckels International knife set. The hardwood knife bock is available in a range of natural colors and is sealed with polyurethane for enhanced durability.
- Bamboo - Bamboo is a sustainable material that offers sturdy storage for a chefs kitchen knife set. The bamboo is naturally light golden brown in color, and this type of block is sealed with polyurethane for a long lifespan.
- Stainless steel - Stainless-steel knife blocks resist rust and corrosion. They are designed to hold Zwilling Henckels International knife sets, including those with a paring knife, kitchen shears, and steak knives.
- Nylon - Kitchen cutlery storage solutions by Zwilling J. A. Henckels International are also made of nylon. The nylon cutlery holders are designed for on-the-go chefs. They have room for a chefs entire stainless-steel knife set.
How do you clean the knife block and cutlery?
To clean a hardwood knife set holder, remove each knife from the unit by the handle. Wash each piece of the forged knife set by hand with warm, soapy water along the edge of the blade and handle. Carefully dry each knife. Place the knives with the blades toward the wall while you clean the storage unit. Dust often accumulates in the blade slots when the cutlery is removed. Use a clean 12-inch-long pipe cleaner to remove debris from the knife slots. Use a damp microfiber cloth to clean along the edges of the holder. Once it is dry, grasp each knife carefully and reinsert each blade into the appropriate slot.