Everything You Need to Know to Choose a Replacement Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter
Every household needs a refrigerator to keep its food fresh and the family healthy. However, it is important to maintain your Whirlpool refrigerator to prevent bacteria from overtaking your food. Read on to find out everything you need to know to choose a replacement Whirlpool refrigerator water filter at eBay.Find your refrigerator model number
If you have your old Whirlpool water filter on hand, then you will need to look at the part number printed on the filter. This part number helps you with choosing the right Whirlpool refrigerator water filter replacement. If you do not have the replacement Whirlpool gold refrigerator water filter on hand, then you need to find out your refrigerator model number. The refrigerator model number is usually located in a number of places, such as the following:
- Inside the door (around the frame)
- Side of the refrigerator
- On the back of the refrigerator
The model number is usually on a rating plate or sticker. The preowned replacement Whirlpool water filter should be compatible with the model number of your refrigerator.Filter types
There are a few different types of filters that you can get for your fridge. Some of the options include the following:
- In-line filters: These filters are attached to your water lines going into the watermaker for your fridge. They can be installed after the fact or they may come standard.
- Push-in filters: Many refrigerators offer push-in slots that are molded especially for the filter.
- Branded filters: Your Whirlpool refrigerator will offer a branded filter option if it comes with a drop-in filter.
- Aftermarket filters: Universal or aftermarket filters can be found for many different Whirlpool refrigerators. You can look them up based on the Whirlpool filter model that they are compatible with.
Water filters can work in two different areas of a refrigerator. Many refrigerators have a water dispenser built into the door. If this is present and the refrigerator has a filter, this water will be treated. A second item that may utilize the water filter is a built-in automatic ice maker. The filter may treat this water in addition to the door dispenser water, or it may only treat water from the icemaker if there is no water dispenser. You will find your water filter in the line heading into the freezer if it treats icemaker water; filters cant function correctly in the freezer, so youre unlikely to find the Whirlpool refrigerator water filter replacement inside.>