Enhance Your Entertainment Options With a VIZIO TV (40" - 49")
When it comes to enjoying television and sports from your own home, it can be important to have a large enough television so that you can see everything clearly. VIZIO makes a variety of TVs between 40 and 50 inches, which could be an ideal size given your space and room configuration.What types of Smart TVs are available?
Smart TVs are able to connect to the internet without the use of a secondary device. This can make the steps required to stream content and access information from the web more straightforward. They may have wireless and wired connectivity via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and HDMI. Options for these televisions include:
- Essential (E-series) Smart TVs - These have 4K Ultra HD displays, Dolby Vision HDR, voice control through Amazon Alexa and/or Google Assistant, and built-in Chromecast.
- Dependable (D series) Smart TVs - These also have 4K Ultra HD displays as well as High Dynamic Range, a feature that can lead to brighter colors and greater contrast.
One way to categorize televisions is by referring to the resolution that they offer. Resolution is measured in pixels, and the more pixels there are, the more clear the picture can be. With fewer pixels, the image can appear to be choppy rather than smooth and vivid. Here is some more information about HDTVs:
- High definition - These displays are made up of 720 horizontal lines, and these widescreens have aspect ratios of 16:9.
- Full high definition - FHD can show 1080 horizontal lines at one time and have aspect ratios of 16:9. Many shows that can be streamed through subscription services are broadcast in full HD.
- Ultra-high definition - These televisions include 4K and 8K UHD models. UHD TVs also have aspect ratios of at least 16:9, and they can show images with at least 2160 horizontal lines of information. With a resolution of 3840 x 2160, you would have a 4K format. A resolution of 7680 x 4320 would classify as 8K ultra-high definition.
LCD stands for liquid crystal display, which is the substance used right underneath the screen glass that shows various colors depending on what image is being shown. Both LCD TVs and LED TVs use liquid crystals. The difference is in how they are illuminated. LCDs use fluorescent lights, which have to be placed behind the screen. LED TVs use light emitting diodes which do not have to be behind the screen; they can be placed around the edges instead. On average, LED televisions are thinner than those that use fluorescent lights.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by VIZIO.