Toilet Brushes and Sets
Toilet brushes and the caddies that function as their holders make it easy to clean residue and stains from the bathroom toilet bowl. The black or white brushes for toilets are made by multiple companies, with brands including Rubbermaid home, Rubbermaid Commercial, OXO, Clorox, and others. The toilet bowl brush and its handle reduce the amount of manual work it takes to get a toilet clean.What is a toilet brush and holder made from?
- Plastic: Most toilet bowl brush items have a long handle that is made of polypropylene or other plastics. The bristles of the brush are also usually made of plastic. Some of the holders for toilet brushes are made of plastic as well.
- Nylon: A toilet brush may have nylon bristles. The nylon brush head offers enhanced flexibility for cleaning under the rim of the commode.
- Stainless steel: Stainless steel is a material sometimes used for the toilet brush holder. Stainless steel offers a durable housing for the toilet bowl brush when it is not in use for cleaning the bathroom.
- Curved head: A brush for a toilet may have a curved head. This brush shape allows for easier cleaning under the commode seat and in the area of the toilet basin that leads to the bathroom plumbing. The brushes are usually white, and the holders may be white, black, or chrome.
- Aeration holes: Toilet brush caddies often have aeration holes. This allows the moisture to evaporate from the brush so that no mildew grows on it or in the bathroom caddy. The toilet brush itself may have aeration holes on the brush's head and on the plastic handle.
- Corrosion resistance: Most bathrooms have a high level of humidity, especially if the bathroom also has a shower or bathtub. A toilet brush holder resists corrosion, so the chemicals for cleaning the bowl do not eat away at the plastic or brushed chrome of the toilet bowl brush or its holder.
Although a white or black toilet brush is itself used for cleaning, the nature of what it does can leave a lot of smells and residue on the brush, its bristles, and the handle. The toilet brush holder may also become dirty. It is important to regularly sanitize the toilet bowl brush, handle, and the holder item to prevent bacterial and mildew growth and to stop odors from developing in the bathroom. If the brush is unsanitary, the commode will be, too. To clean the brush and brush holder, fill a five-gallon bucket 3/4 full of hot water. Add 1/2 cup of bleach. Put the toilet bowl brush and the brush holder into the bucket. Submerge the toilet brush and holder in the water. Allow them to soak for one to two hours. Remove the brush and holder. Dry the toilet brush, handle, and holder with a clean white cotton cloth.