Sun Dolphin Kayaks
A kayak is a small, canoe-like boat that uses a double-edged paddle to propel forward through the fast- or slow-moving water. Sun Dolphin produces many different types and styles of kayaks, featuring different materials that meet a variety of needs, preferences, and user skill levels. When choosing Sun Dolphin kayaks, be sure to consider your skill level and activity preferences.What are the different types of Kayaks?
- Sit in: These types of kayaks are used for various recreational types of activities. Consider these for how quickly they move, the ease to steer/paddle, and the feel while paddling.
- Sit on top: These are mostly used for recreational activities in lakes and flowing water. They are easy to get on and off of, so you will be able to exit and climb back on quickly even in deep water. However, they are typically heavier than sit-in kayaks.
- Recreational: Sit-in recreational kayaks from Sun Dolphin include the Aruba. Sit-on-top recreational Kayaks include the Aruba, Bali, Camino, and Capril.
- Touring: These are frequently considered for their design, ease to control, and ease to transport and paddle/steer.
- Sea: These boats sit low and may reduce the effects of wind currents while paddling in the open ocean. They’re typically quite long (more than 15 feet), and have various features such as compasses or pumps for navigating the open terrain.
- Whitewater: These water crafts have a tight sit-in seat. They are designed to be short and lightweight.
- Tandem: These kayaks feature two seats to be ridden by two people.
- Fishing: Sit-on-top fishing kayaks include the Journey and Boss. Sit-in fishing kayaks from Sun Dolphin include the Excursion.
- Polyethylene plastic: This is a hard material designed that is quite resistent. However, it is not UV resistant and is heavy.
- ABS plastic: ABS plastic is a lightweight, UV resistant material.
- Composites: Carbon fiber and fiberglass composites are also UV resistant and lightweight.
Sun Dolphin fishing kayaks range in length from 10 feet to more than 12 feet long and from 29 to 32 inches wide. Sit-in recreational kayaks range in length from 8 feet to 12 feet and from 28 to 30 inches wide. Sit-on-top recreational kayaks range in length from 6 feet to 13 feet and from 24 to 34 inches wide.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sun Dolphin.