LG Microwave Ovens
A good microwave provides an effective and efficient way to heat and prepare meals, as they can be used to defrost, steam, reheat, and grill food. LG produces a number of these appliances with different designs, styles, and sizes. Many incorporate unique features, including EasyClean and ProBake Convection technology.What is the difference between countertop and over-the-range?
LG sells units that sit on top of a counter and others that are designed to be installed over an electric cooktop or gas range.
- Countertop: These microwave appliances are the most common and require easier installation and less instruction to do so. They do require counter space, so be sure to find an appropriate spot with a plug accessible. LG also provides some of these units with trim kits, which allow you to install the microwave in place of a cabinet to eliminate the use of counter space.
- Over-the-range: LG also provides units that do not take up any counter space. They are typically installed in place of the normal oven ventilation system, above the range or cooktop. These units have built-in exhaust fans to filter the air from the gas range and to keep the bottom of the microwave oven cool. Some of these fans turn on automatically to help protect from overheating.
- Conventional system: This type of appliance utilizes heat waves that can pass through containers made of various materials, such as glass and plastic, to cook and heat the food inside of them. This LG style is best for reheating and defrosting foods or cooking easy meals.
- Convection system: This microwave oven uses a heating element along with a convection fan to circulate heat throughout the oven to ensure even and efficient cooking. These units are more effective at grilling and baking foods and can produce a crisper product when heating foods that include pizza and fried foods. LG has also implemented ProBake Convection technology in some units to speed up heating and improve baking when using multiple racks.
- Size: LG produces microwave ovens varying in size from 0.9 cubic feet to 2.2 cubic feet. Size requirements are dependent on cooking needs as well as available counter space, so be sure to select the appropriate size for your spatial needs.
- Styles and features: LGs microwave ovens come in various colors depending on the model, including stainless steel, black stainless steel, solid black, and solid white. LG has units with their EasyClean feature, allowing for simple cleaning, along with other unique elements and control features.
- Output: Units provide their energy usage in wattage, and a higher wattage correlates to faster warming times. Many of LGs units come with an output between 900 and 1,100 watts, which is usually sufficient for most cooking needs. Even so, other, more powerful units have outputs of up to 1,500 watts.