Ice Buckets and Wine Coolers
Ice buckets and wine coolers provide ways for you to keep the wine or champagne of your choice chilled until you are ready to enjoy it. These products are available in a range of sizes, materials, and colors. Some coolers may include additional features, such as LED lights or built-in filters.What kinds of materials are used in wine coolers?
There are several options available. Some of the materials used in these products include:
- Stainless steel
- Plated or sterling silver
You can get a bottle holder that matches the color scheme or decor of your home by choosing from colors and finishes like the following ones.
- Clear or transparent
All of these holders are designed to keep beverage bottles chilled until you are ready to serve them. However, they can accomplish this task in different ways. Some designs and features you may find in your search for a bottle holder include:
- Open-top buckets with optional lids. These units typically hold crushed or cubed ice to keep your beverages cool. Some of them may feature top or side handles that allow you to transport them by hand. Others may include tongs for picking up ice cubes.
- Some coolers can double as wine storage. You can choose from standalone cabinets made of wood or stainless steel, or you can opt for an electric model that plugs into a wall outlet. Electric refrigerated models can be full-size or miniature versions.
- Tubs are usually short and wide to hold several beverages at once.
- Sleeves are designed to hold a single beverage. They typically close around the bottle or can by zipping up the side. The inner lining is usually insulated to keep the temperature of the beverage steady.
If you need to chill your favorite beverage, you can simply fill the holder with some ice and let everything chill until you are ready. However, there are a couple of other things you can do if you need to speed up the process.
- Fill a stainless steel holder only halfway with ice and put cold water in the other half. The added water eliminates the air between the beverage and the cubes and covers the surface of the bottle with a cold solution.
- You may also wish to add salt to the solution. Salt will lower the freezing temperature of the water and may help to chill your beverage more quickly.