GE Refrigerator and Freezer Parts and Accessories
There are some factors that you should consider when replacing parts of your GE refrigerators. The appliance parts range from digital dispenser readouts to the drawers that allow temperature variation.What are some refrigerator accessories?
- Water filters - These products help to get rid of harmful elements
- Appliance cleaners - These include brushes, polishes, detergents, and cloths that help you clean your refrigerator.
- Light bulbs - These are essential accessories and are designed to withstand both high and low temperatures without getting damaged.
- Water lines - The universal supply can be repaired or replaced.
- Paints - There are specially formulated paints, and these are good for touch-ups. With these colors, you will be able to keep your appliances looking great.
- Ice makers - An external icemaker is useful, because it makes ice quickly and also keeps the fridge cold.
- Quick space shelf - These shelves can be moved with ease and offer storage flexibility.
- Full-width temperature drawers - These drawers are temperature-controlled and help to maintain the fresh taste of food. They are designed with settings that preserve your vegetables.
These products help reduce harmful contaminants. They also help improve the odor and taste of your fluids. GE refrigerators come with a fitted water filter. Typically, you will need to replace the filter every 12 months.What are the different types of water filters?
When choosing these products, you should consider the type of refrigerator you use. Some types use specific products while others use generic types. Various types include:
- Push-in water filters - These are the most common types of filters. They are installed by pushing and twisting them into the set-out area until they get into place. They help to filter out contaminants like chrome and lead. They come in different shapes and sizes. One type is the slide-out filter, which uninstalls from the fridge by sliding out. Another one is the canister filter that has a cylindrical shape and is attached to the refrigerator by twisting it in place. They have a protective cap at the top, and a small O-gasket ring. This ring should be replaced after the third filter change. There is also the grille filter, which uninstalls by sliding out or pushing an eject button. It is usually found at the base of the fridge.
- Inline water filters - These are used with appliances that do not have built-in water filter systems. These are connected directly to the homes water source and attached to the refrigerator top.