What You Need to Know About Choosing Dr. Seuss Art Prints
The right piece of artwork brightens up a room and provides a personal design element to your living space. Affordable art prints featuring subjects or characters created by the late Theodor Seuss Geisel, who went by the pen names of Dr. Seuss and Theo LeSieg, may help you decorate different areas of your home, such as a child's bedroom or your family room. Many themes and styles of Dr. Seuss art from his books and illustrations are available.What are the mediums of Dr. Seuss art prints?
Several styles of Geisel's artwork are available. They include:
- Painting: The paintings may be made with oil, acrylic, or watercolor paints.
- Lithograph: Lithographs include art from books such as "The Cat in the Hat." They mimic the look of a painting and are printed onto the paper by machine.
- Silkscreen: Silkscreen illustrations use ink forced onto the paper through a mesh during the printing process.
- Engraving: These pieces are made on archival paper using copper or metal plates to transfer ink.
Valuable and low-priced prints are available in many themes or subjects of interest. They include:
- Cat in the Hat: The Cat in the Hat is the lead character in several children's stories written and illustrated by Geisel.
- Political: Political cartoons and illustrations are based on Geisel's early work in newspapers and books.
- Animals: These prints may include birds, cats, elephants, or fish.
- Fantasy and abstract: These subjects include make-believe characters from children's books, such as Thing 1 and Thing 2.
- History and motivational: These prints depict historical world figures and places as well as motivational quotes such as "Read."
These prints may have features including:
- Autograph: Artwork may be signed Seuss, Theo LeSieg, or Theodore Geisel.
- Number and date: Prints may be numbered if they are a part of a series. They may also show the date of completion.
- Frame: A frame for displaying or hanging may be included.
- Matted: Prints may have been matted in white, black, or a vivid color before framing.
- The art may include a certificate of authenticity.