Dr. Martens Shoes for Men
Dr. Martens shoes are known for their durability and unique look, making them a great addition to a shoe collection. Their classic lace-up boot was the work footwear of choice in the early 1900s, and their appeal has grown over time, making them a fashionable choice for both work and adventure. These mens shoes are offered in a wide array of styles and colors, allowing you to find the right footwear to express yourself.What styles of Dr. Martens are available?
There are many styles offered, varying in cut, design, material, and color, thus offering many choices for the discerning consumer. The styles below are available in classic black leather, blue canvas, brown suede, and more. Shoe types include:
- Boots: Classic Doc Martens boots are heavy-duty options that offer comfort and durability. They come in varying heights, from lower ankle to mid-calf, in both lace-up and slip-on options.
- Sneakers: Sneakers provide a more athletic and laid-back touch, making them a great option for everyday wear.
- High-tops: While Dr. Martens classifies these as boots, they offer a sneaker-like style that is more relaxed than the heavy-duty work boot.
- Sandals: These are a comfortable option for warm weather, while still offering plenty of support for your feet.
- Casual: With classic styles such as oxfords, mules, and chukkas, these shoes can easily be dressed up or down, making them versatile.
- Dress: Many of these varieties are similar in design to the casual shoe, but they typically have slimmer and sleeker looks for dressy occasions.
Dr. Martens began making boots in the early 1900s in England, but with the growing appeal of its shoes, the company expanded manufacturing operations to Thailand and China in the early 2000s. Some of its boot collections continue to be made in England, and the company sells its products worldwide.How do you care for Dr. Martens leather footwear?
Though each pair of Dr. Martens is made to be durable, cleaning these shoes and caring for them properly will prolong their life. Remove the laces - if there are any - and use a damp sponge or cloth to wipe down the leather. For more stubborn stains and dirt, use warm water and scrub the boot with a soft-bristled brush or toothbrush. The brand offers many leather conditioners and other products to help keep the material in optimum condition.Are Dr. Martens boots and shoes waterproof?
Dr. Martens offers many boots and shoes that are either water-resistant or waterproof in its industrial categories. These items are appropriate for the snow, rain, and wet and muddy workplaces. If you plan to be in especially wet conditions, it might be better to choose a completely waterproof boot over one that is only water-resistant, as this option will be more effective in keeping your feet dry. Some styles also incorporate other features, such as steel toes, puncture-resistant materials, and heat-resistant materials.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dr. Martens.